Friday, May 9, 2008

The List #1 - Some of the worst

I'm in a list-y kind of mood, as noted in a post on my autre blog so I thought I'd carry on here.
Here I give you...

10 BOOKS THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED
(In the order that they pop into my head)

10. Beautiful Losers by Leonard Cohen
9. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick
8. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
7. The Revenge of Kali-Ra by K.K. Beck
6. Bleeding Hearts by Jack Harvey (who is really Ian Rankin)
5. Roughing It in the Bush by Susanna Moodie
4. That really bad book of poetry by Margaret Atwood I had to read in university.
3. Through Violet Eyes by Stephen Woodworth
2. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
1. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

This list was much harder to make than I had originally anticipated. Funny how that is. I've read a fair amount of books and plenty of them have been not-so-great, but since this list is books I think should never have been published, that's a new level of badness. Although it will be equally as hard to put together a list of the best books, as it takes a certain kind of specialness to be considered "the best". I'll have to start on that list now and see where I end up...

No comments: