Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bad bad bad

I totally need to make another post here and I know that, but I've been...otherwise engaged lately. I won't lie - it's the Stanley Cup playoffs and that really is all-consuming for me sometimes. But also, I've been working on a review of jPod by Douglas Coupland and I've been having some trouble with it. I enjoy reading Coupland and I was really looking forward to reading jPod, especially since it had neat non-standard-text parts to it (I'll elaborate more in the review, of course). The problem is that I still can't decide if it lived up to the expectations I put on it. I know I liked it, but I'm just not sure how much.

While I figure that out, I am enjoying Late Nights on Air by Elizabeth Hay, which, of course, won the 2007 Giller prize. Maybe this will help distract me enough from jPod to get my thoughts together.

No comments: