Thursday, October 9, 2008

One down, 99 to go

I finished Watchmen. And...wow. That's all I've got right now. I will post a full review next week, once I get through Thanksgiving. In the interim I will be starting book the second this weekend, White Noise by Don Delillo.

One way I know a book has really hit me is if I can't stop thinking about it after I've finished. Especially if I can't form an opinion on it right away. After only a few pages I knew I would like Watchmen and I know that I liked the book. What I'm still thinking about is what I didn't like...and if I really didn't like certain aspects or if I just need to view the book from different perspectives to properly form my opinion. And I will keep thinking about it this weekend and I likely won't know what I really thought of the book until I write my review. And, overall, THAT makes this an excellent book.

No comments: